I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, April 1, 2018

Shadowed Decisions

This week I'll be using the Tarot of Durer, created by Manfredi Toraldo and Giacinto Gaudenzi and published by Lo Scarabeo. The oracle deck I'll also be using is the Philosopher's Stone, created by De Es and published by AG Muller. Today's draws are the Two of Swords and 'Confrontation:'
          The question is not which came first, but whether to eat the chicken or the egg. The fox's hunger dictates his desire to eat, but he might slip away without notice if he chooses the egg. Yet the chicken would provide the better meal. Unfortunately, all the flapping and clucking won't go unnoticed, and he might get killed in the process. Is it wiser to take a greater chance and grab the more fulfilling meal? Confrontation shows a smaller rock blocking the light from the larger stone's face. When faced with tough decisions, we end up confronting those parts of ourselves that we would rather leave in the closet - fears and insecurities, anger and resentment, instincts and desires. We stay in the shadows until we do, because they won't be ignored. Sometimes the questions that should be asked is, "Will the consequences of this act fall on others too? Do the benefits serve the greater good or one person? What longterm repercussions could either choice have?"

4 comments:

  1. Eating either is probably going to add to our cholesterol level. I am trying to cut down on eating animal products, but today there is a Easter Ham that needs to be eaten, that's where my confrontation will take place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made Challah today. It's rising as I write with lots of organic eggs and Apple River Maple Syrup from my neighbour.

    I'm going to my good friends house for Easter dinner. Maybe we'll have chicken. If so I'll have the chicken and the egg!

    Easter Blessings Bev!<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a lovely (and delicious!) way to celebrate the day, Catherine.😊 Blessings to you as well!

      Delete