I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Wagging Finger in the Middle of Fun

This week I'll be using the Neuzeit Tarot created by Walter Wegmuller and published by AG Muller. The "oracle" I'll be using is a combination of two sets of dice: Rory's Story Cubes and Rory's Story Cubes - Voyages.  These dice were created by Rory O'Connor and produced by Gamewright. Today's card and die are the Three of Cups and the 'Pointing Finger:'
          Each of these three cups holds something different - one with water, one with fire, and one with a mix of yin-yang shapes. For me, the most diversified groups are the ones that are interesting, the ones from which I can learn the most. I can't think of anything more boring than sitting around with a group of Bevs who all think the same way and have had all the same experiences. When each person is respectful of the other, differences can open the heart and mind a little wider. It makes it possible to hear other viewpoints that I never would have perceived otherwise. I'm actually meeting up with two groups tonight, each one diverse in its own way. I am the default chairperson of each, and so I have the task of allowing feelings and information to be shared without letting things get too off-course. When there is a lot of energy in the groups, it can be a bit like herding cats. The Pointing Finger wants to come out and wag, as a weapon aimed at making everyone 'behave.' Now I don't know about you, but it's easier for me to laugh off someone flipping me a bird than a person with a pointing finger. It's like shame or blame is being directed at me. Instead, I'll attempt to maintain soft boundaries rather than rigid ones; that approach will make the experience of both groups much more fun for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck hearding cats. So many want uniformity, boring. It is the differences that make us all interesting, but if we are always talking we never hear what makes others unique. Oops, there goes that pointy finger.

    ReplyDelete