I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, December 15, 2017

Wisdom of Understanding

From the Sun and Moon Tarot, the Emperor; from the Wisdom Keepers Oracle, 'Understanding:'
          This has got to be one of the most laid-back Emperors I've ever seen. I'm pretty sure that globe he's holding is an aromatherapy diffuser with lavender in it. But why shouldn't he be relaxed? The sun is shining, the sheep are grazing and the bees are making honey. All is peaceful and stable in his world for the moment. Yet I have to admit I'm a planner, always looking to prepare for future possibilities. Sometimes when I try to chill out, I feel like I'm doing something wrong or have left something undone. The Wisdom Keeper of Understanding speaks these words: "I know and trust that at some point your hard-working mind will exhaust itself, and you will break free into a new way of being." Her point is that the mind needs to rest as much as the body, and by resting, it allows the heart to be heard (the intellect can be such a bully sometimes). Understanding comes from information and compassion; it expands and improves my perception.
Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. ~Albert Einstein

6 comments:

  1. Laid back was the exact word which came to mind before I started reading your post. I hope we will remember to be more and to do less during this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Be more and do less" sounds like an excellent mantra to take into the holidays! :)

      Delete
  2. emperors should schedule in one day a week in this manner. should be the law. if we needed another law...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found this from Sharyn/Quirkeries in my email, but it isn't showing up on the blog for some reason:
    "emperors should schedule in one day a week in this manner. should be the law. if we needed another law..."

    I most definitely agree. It would help them not to turn into curmudgeons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This deck is so delightfully playful: I loved your aromatherapy diffuser comment :D I wonder if the sun is rising or setting. And perhaps a certain amount of planning is fine. The important bit is to be able to stop and enjoy the honey after the work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is playful. :) Planning without going overboard with it is definitely necessary if I'm going to get a taste of that honey!

      Delete