I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Gleeful

From the Sun and Moon Tarot, the Princess (Page) of Wands; from the Wisdom Keepers Oracle, 'Expansion:'
 In what distant deeps or skies,
Burnt the fire of thine eyes?
On what wings dare he aspire?
    What the hand, dare seize the fire?  
 ~William Blake

          I miss this fiery lass in my life - her confidence, outspokenness, and insatiable hunger and joy for life. Of course I don't miss her carelessness or the intoxication that clouds her clarity, but her enthusiasm I still long for. She used to be such a huge part of me when I was a young adult; now I seem to stick mostly with what is practical and prudent. But gosh darn it, she was fun... I wonder if part of what dampened her fire was simply fear or just the trudge of daily life. However, loss is going to be a part of my life regardless if I jump in with both feet or not. Perhaps I can still jump in with a parachute wearing a fireproof suit and a float around my waist. The Wisdom Keeper of Expansion speaks these words: "It's time to move beyond your comfort zone. If you've been holding tightly to an opinion, identity, vision or world view, it's time to let go. In the end, all that matters is expansion through the heart." Somewhere inside my inner Page of Wands is laughing gleefully.

6 comments:

  1. jumping into the unexpected is more fun than prepping for the fire, let 'er rip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, being fully prepared for any eventuality can take the thrill right out of it. :)

      Delete
  2. Does that pagelet have a whirly-bird or a magic wand? Climbing the heights to get more wind action. It think as a child sometimes I imagined my whirly-bird as a magic wand. The wonders of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't decide whether it was a flower or a pinwheel. :)

      Delete
  3. I love that visual of your inner Princess of Wands chortling with glee as you determine to challenge your comfort zone. She's definitely a good archtype to help you expand your boundaries. And hey, you can start small, she'll still be up for the game :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering when I became so cautious, and I think it was when I became a mother. Now I'm thinking I need to be a role model for hopping out of that comfort zone every now and then.

      Delete