I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Action Within the Wheel

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Wheel; from the Kuan Yin Sticks, Verse 55:
          This young lass stands on a water dragon, a symbol of power and good luck. The masks attached to the Wheel suggest human reactions to life in the sun or under a dark cloud.  The elements and the astrological signs emphasize that nothing gets a pass from a ride on this Wheel; it spins for all. As the book of Ecclesiastes puts it: “For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.” My job is to figure out which part of each revolution is simply the natural process of living, and what part has been influenced by my actions. The first I must accept, but the second I have the power to change. Verse 55 from the Kuan Yin poem reads:
A long row of bamboo stalks
joined together
reaches to a bubbling stream.
Generation after generation can draw on the water.
My efforts and actions extend beyond my lifetime. Every year paperwhite flowers, planted by someone decades before we moved here, bloom in my yard. If I wanted to grow organic produce, the ground would have to lie fallow for a minimum of three years to allow all chemicals (pesticides and fertilizers) to be removed from the soil. What I do affects others, not just today, but in generations to come.


8 comments:

  1. Gilligan once built a bamboo pipe, the results were null, he neglected to seal each section. How many times have I done that ;) Me and Gilligan...attached at the hip

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the ripple effect in the water when we throw in pebble or the famous butterfly effect whose wing movement can cause an hurricane on the other side of the world. We are all connected in way we only begin to understand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of John Muir's words: "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe."

      Delete
  3. Ellen's comment about the ripple effect is a good point. In Quantum Physics it is the same. One action set in motion affects everything around us and in turn the affect that had one one ripples out to other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we could all think about those ripples before we acted!

      Delete
  4. That Daniloff card is wonderful and how well it ties in. I loved hearing about the bulbs in your garden, planted by an unknown gardener and still coming up year after year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those bulbs always make me curious about the story of the person who planted them.😊

      Delete