I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Light of Clarity

From the Tarot de St. Croix, the Two of Wands; from the Archetype Cards, the 'Judge:'
          This priestess points one wand at the Earth and one down at the earth, representing the macrocosm and microcosm. It makes me think of things I want to accomplish out in the world (macro) as opposed to the work I need to do within myself (micro). Which is more important for me to focus on right now? Will the imbalance of one affect the other? The Judge shows up to help me make an objective decision. But actual judges who may be prejudiced in some way (such as being related to someone involved) must recuse themselves from the case. My strong opinions or emotional leanings may prevent me from making a choice with clarity. If so, perhaps considering the unbiased thoughts of someone else might be beneficial.
The thing is to supply light and not heat. ~ Woodrow Wilson  

8 comments:

  1. I too drew a two. Choices we have to make for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. would that we could turn insomnia into productive time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got two hours worth last night. Not enough by a long shot.

      Delete
  3. Or perhaps you could try getting out of your head and follow your gut instinct. Sometimes we just know what is best for us without being able to determine how and why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes even that is hard to hear clearly when emotions are running the show. 😊

      Delete
  4. In this Two of Wands, I also see that what we do in the microcosm has an effect on the macrocosm, they are not totally separate! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nearly impossible for one not to influence the other in some way.

      Delete