I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Keep Your Head Attached

From the Daniloff Tarot, the Knight of Swords; from the Kuan Yin Sticks, Verse 39:
          This Knight of Swords has a shield that says much about his nature. The falcon's beak and talons are like the words and knowledge he uses to slice his opponents in an argument. The naked couple implies that he reveres openness and honesty in his relationships. The upraised sword suggests his sharp mind and quest for justice. Yet those wings on either side of his helmet seem incredibly large and over-sized. The wind could lift him right off his feet, which would leave him ungrounded. And that is perhaps one of the flaws of this knight - he's intelligent but not very practical. The 38th quatrain from the Kuan Yin poem reads:
News reaches you from afar, 
Yet the information is dubious and unclear.
No one can polish a rock into a mirror;
Be wise and don't waste your time.
This verse suggests that I can waste much time trying to figure out information that is worthless to begin with. It's like reading Trump's Twitter feed; it might make me anxious or angry, but that isn't going to help me get on with my day. Sometimes it's enough to know what I need to do and then do it, without over-thinking everything.

9 comments:

  1. Heehee, that's a good analogy for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too spend time on things that are worthless bits of this n that. I use to try to release the thoughts now I am working on not even allowing them a place. Maybe the knight is along to help us with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a typical Aquarian who enjoys living in the land of ideas and knowledge, so it's a constant challenge for me! :)

      Delete
    2. My lovely niece is an Aquarian as well. Forward thinkers of utopia, but no plan on how to get there. That's why she needed her Capricorn aunt.

      Delete
    3. Oh I have plans, just too many of them, lol!

      Delete
  3. I used to be be more of an information magpie but lately I prefer my inner calm above knowing it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a nearly insatiable curiosity, especially when it comes to learning about the natural world. I'm the human version of a cat. :D

      Delete
  4. You made me laugh with your description of this Knight of Swords. I wasn't expecting openness and honesty from the naked couple, but that's a lovely perspective. He's so terribly glum, in this version. As you say, ideas can be fun and playful, a cat would never look like that about exploring something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is rather glum looking! He reminds me of people who think life should always be serious. :)

      Delete