I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Heat is On

From the Ferret Tarot, the Eight of Wands; from the Nature's Wisdom Oracle, the Hawk:
The heat is on, on the street
Inside your head, on every beat
And the beat's so loud, deep inside
The pressure's high, just to stay alive
'Cause the heat is on.
I've got Glenn Frey's song playing in my head; the heat (a part of a race or competition) is on with the ferrets this morning. What are they racing toward? I have no idea, but it must be something good with all their enthusiasm and energy projected in the same direction. On the other hand, maybe they've spotted Hawk and are running for cover. Hawk has been given the keyword 'power' because of its ability to scope out an area from a height and then act with bullet-like speed to grasp its objective. Hawk reminds me not to get bogged down in details but to keep my view wide and alert. When it's time to act, I'll be ready.

2 comments:

  1. Are the ferrets frolicking or fearful? Sometimes they both appear the same, frantic movement. I love hawks, I am admiring my lovely feather. Thank you again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fear and fun is probably a mix with the ferrets. :) Very happy to bring you some happiness with the feather!

      Delete