I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Pipe Cleaning

From the Alchemical Tarot Renewed, the Three of Coins; from the Oracle of the Radiant Sun, Enthusiasm:
          An illustrator sits at a table with the symbols of mercury, sulfur and salt over a window. In alchemy, Sulfur represents the soul (our unique expression of the life force), Mercury symbolizes the spirit (which inspires and animates us), and Salt is seen as the body (the vehicle through which our expressions are manifested). Place suggests this card signifies creativity with stability and security. In other words, this artist is talented, recognized and paid well for his services. It is interesting (just when things seem so perfect) that Enthusiasm shows up - the masculine energy of the Sun in the arena of the fun and adventure-loving Sagittarius. It is difficult to be creative when you feel obligated to crank out a certain output within a certain time frame. It can easily feel like a factory position rather than inspired work. Now is the time for him to put down the pen and move his body through play, exercise or sightseeing (as with Cameron's Artist Date). It's the Drano that will make his creativity flow more freely.

6 comments:

  1. And here we have the need for play again. I wonder at what age we were told not to play anymore because it was childish. I would suspect that nowadays we are more ware of the benefits of experimental play and not nip our childrens creativity in the bud

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up with the idea that "play" better have a purpose: sports were only useful if they were the path to a scholarship; biking, jogging, etc. were only good to lose weight. I still feel like I need to look over my shoulder when I'm having fun just for the sake of enjoyment!

      Delete
  2. timed play perhaps, or our lifes output becomes nothing but brillance, unfinished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that nonstop play eventually becomes boring. :)

      Delete
  3. The three of coins one of my favourite cards and I like this rendition. Do a little work, have a little walk by the sea, and repeat. Looks like the perfect life to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - just having a lovely landscape like that to view and walk about in would lift my spirits. :)

      Delete