I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

He's Not Godzilla, But...

From the Artist's Inner Vision Tarot, the Queen of Coins; from the Art of Collage Cards, a work by Ayham Jabr:
          Why does this Queen look like the Hindu goddess Durga with all her extra arms? The arms represent her many attributes: hard-working, practical, generous, nurturing and resourceful. The circle around her symbolizes her connection to the rhythms of nature. She's not going to expect a seed planted today to be producing fruit or flowers by next week. Jabr is an artist from Syria, and I've given his work the title "The New Normal." We don't have to deal with an ongoing, stateside war or Godzilla, but we do have Donald Trump in the White House. His actions that previously shocked us barely even register on the Richter scale now. There are days when I feel like a survivalist and days when I am numb from wondering what my country will look like in four years. Yet even in this insanity, the Queen would suggest that I not lose my common sense, altruism or efficient creativity. She might also remind me that four years to a mountain or giant sequoia is just a drop of water in the ocean.

4 comments:

  1. The extra arms must be a necessity to juggle so many mixed emotions and how she deal with them. I love the Godzilla/Trump analogy. Made me laugh. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could go all day and not recognize that card as the queen of anything!
    I have email friends all over the world, and I've simply stopped corresponding with them all. I simply don't have a clue what to say, or defend, I can't explain what I don't understand, so I've punished myself by refusing to say anything at all. In my book this is his biggest crime. Of course it is all about me, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we're all just so shell-shocked that the only thing we have energy for is our basic tasks with not much enthusiasm left for other stuff.

      Delete