I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, April 8, 2017

Recognition and Refuge

From the Badgers Forest Tarot, the Three of Pentacles; from the Gemstone Oracle, Yellow Jasper:
          Against the backdrop of a morning sky, the silhouette of a crow is seen. In silhouettes, a dark shape placed against a lighter background stands out, much like the recognition of those who have developed skills and knowledge in their fields. I wonder if the branches on the tree represent the others who have taught and trained this crow to be successful. While the accolades and sense of purpose is a plus, the Yellow Jasper suggests another positive outcome that can be attained:
Home is where the heart can laugh without shyness. Home is were
the heart's tears can dry at their own pace. ~ Vernon Baker
I've shared living space with a variety of people through the years. But having a simple refuge of my own, one that I can make comfortable and beautiful in ways that suit me, has been a great blessing. May all beings everywhere, especially those seeking refuge, find such a place of rest.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post, Bev. It brought to mind a memory of when I first moved into a place of my own after eight years in a bad relationship. I used to walk around that flat, just touching the walls, feeling my space, and smiling. It wasn't the greatest flat in the world - noisy, cold, close to traffic and a restaurant - but my heart sang to have this refuge. I join you in wishing a place of safety for all those that seek it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A place of one's own is indeed a luxury, no matter how simple it may be!

      Delete
  2. This is a wish for all times but especially nowadays when so many people don't have the luxury of having their own place where they can feel safe.
    This card doesn't convey the Three of P. energy for me. It reminds me more of the Three of Wands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love this deck, this card seems out of place to me too. :) I had to really stretch a bit!

      Delete
  3. We need our own comfortable place. Our refuge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter how humble, there's no place like home. :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. And it doesn't need to be fancy to feel comfortable. :)

      Delete
  5. I love this deck even if the cards are a hard fit. Here, the crow is the master of scavenging and we admire his skill in cleaning up old berries on trees, and the detritus of the world. He must be a master of decorative nest building too.

    Your photographs of your gemstones are wonderful, so clear and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first card from Thid deck that I mistook for another (thought it was the 3 of Wands). Thank you for the compliment on the gemstone photos. :)

      Delete