I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Honeyed Words

From the Tyldwick Tarot, the Nine of Coins; from the Antiquarian Lenormand, the Snake:
          Whenever I see trunks and chests like these, I think of two things: treasure and travel. The Nine of Coins shows a the basement of a person who has finally learned to manage their resources wisely. Hard work, discipline and perseverance has paid off handsomely. Not only is there a nice little "nest egg" to show for all that effort, there is leisure time for trips, artistic exploration, intellectual pursuits or just enjoying life in general. The Lenormand card shows a circus snake charmer, a woman who handles animals that elicit fear in most people. The Snake represents dysfunction or deception of some sort, which demands a sharp alertness (much like that of a snake charmer). What's more enticing to a scam artist or other untrustworthy 'snake' than someone who lives independently and has a bit of money saved? Honeyed words often hide something poisonous underneath, so an investigation may be needed to uncover the truth.

7 comments:

  1. I hope we all be able to keep our wits when somebody like that sneaks into our life!
    I am not so easy to trust somebody new so in this case this might be an advantage :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in my case it might be not so much the scammers but people telling me what I want to hear instead of what I need to hear!😊

      Delete
  2. I always thought a chicken's feathers were hard and sharpish because of the quills. Absolutely not, they are SO soft. I always thought snakes were cold and a little slimy until I saw Steve Irwin handling them and commenting that they were warm and dry. What opinions will be banished today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snakes I've touched haven't been warm, but the haven't been slimey either. 😊

      Delete
  3. I don't do snakes. I leave them alone and ask that they leave me along, an arrangement that suits us both. Wonder what treasures are hidden in those trunks? Maybe some of Cleopatra's secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this 9 of coins and 'treasure and travel' perfectly captures it. I have some lovely old leather suitcases picked up at flea markets that have been around the world with the labels to prove it.

    You have given me an idea to fill them with my treasured tarot decks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A tarot trunk/suitcase sounds like a splendid idea!

      Delete