I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Uncovered Cup

From the Tarot of the Secret Forest, the Moon; from the Faeries Oracle, Singer of the Chalice:
          Two moth-like faeries stare at a hazy moon in the dark forest. Without specialized night vision, it would be difficult to see what would be obvious in the daytime. The Moon speaks in symbols rather than literal language, and it can be hard to decipher. Things can be even more fuzzy and unclear if I my mood is off-kilter (tired and stressed, anxious, depressed or angry). Signals from others and my environment will bypass me; I'll be like a driver who pays no heed to traffic lights. During this time, the Singer of the Chalice cautions me to be patient. This does not mean being indifferent, as if sitting around with a bag over my head. The symbol of the chalice is consecration, a time of sacredness. Instead of being frustrated, I can be attentive and curious while I wait for the light to come. It is in the stillness where I will find joy as long as I remain open.

10 comments:

  1. I am amazed that even in such difficult times you are able to find the energy to upload a post. I know you always say it keeps you same but anyway I think it is quite a feat
    I hope you are well
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually fine; just trying to keep a check on my neighbors and friends who weren't so lucky. Even our Museum of Art got trashed; they are trying to save what they can and send collections to other museums until it can be rebuilt.

      Delete
  2. Lovely combination this week. Safe passage during this stressful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love this two decks together - peas and carrots. :)

      Delete
  3. Holding you and your community in the chalice of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hoping they get the electricity on for the many who still don't have it, as we are expecting cold weather soon.

      Delete
  4. Healing thoughts to your community.

    PS been previewing the faerie oracle guidebook on Amazon - some lovely practical wisdoms therein. Thank you for sharing this deck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Froud's is my favorite fairy deck (I also like their Heart of Faery too, but the first is the best to me.).

      Delete
  5. Sending good vibes your way, Bev, along with wishes for equanimity as you navigate this challenging time. hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose, I'm just trying to concentrate pn being of service where I can.

      Delete