I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Expansion or Burden?

From the Tarrochi Celtic, the Two of Fire (Wands); from the Elements of Recovery, Trustworthiness:
          The flags bearing the symbols of the stag and horns emphasize both the aggressive and protective sides of this card. Clearly something is growing and thriving (the birch tree), but look at the problems this fiery fairy is already dealing with (the grasshopper and beetles). Would planting that birch seed in her hand make things better or worse? Is she happy with the status quo or ready to expand? The purification of the ogham Beth (associated with the Twos) implies she needs to get clear about what she wants and the effort she's willing to expend before proceeding. The Elements card of Trustworthiness shows the dependability of the sunrise and asks how reliable I am, especially when things don't go as smoothly as expected. Will I cut my losses and run when things go south? Or will I 'temporarily' put them on hold until I feel like dealing with them? Woodrow Wilson once said, "Without dependability, one's ability may be a liability instead of an asset." My enthusiasm for starting something new shouldn't override the rational consideration of whether I have the energy and resources to follow through with my goal. I need to look at my motivations and see if I'm trying to distract myself with another project so I don't have to deal with current problems. My answer will determine whether I make the leap or stand firm.

3 comments: