I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, May 15, 2016

Are You Ready?

This week I'll be using the Margarete Petersen Tarot, created by M. Petersen and published by Königs Furt. The oracle I'll be using is the Elemental Dice, an idea developed by my good friend Carole B. Today's card and dice are the Eight of Flames (Wands) and Water + Water (Ocean):
          A double dose of fire is paired with a double dose of water; if I were a fortune teller, I'd say a burning enthusiasm about to come to fruition was going to get doused. But let me looker a little deeper... A young man on the Eight of Flames pulls back a bow and readies to release its arrow. Petersen writes "gather all your mental faculties" and "your inspiration will know when to release the arrow in order to hit the target." The leopard above is the energetic force that will be let loose and carry one's intent. Yet beside this fiery card is the Ocean, a massive amount of water. Its salinity and tides suggest the tears of emotion and the pulling influence that our feelings and relationships can have on us. This watery distraction can surely throw off someone's aim; having to deal with the intensity of one and the strain of the other will likely cause the mark to be missed. Right timing in this case may meaning waiting for low tide.
Talent alone won't make you a success. Neither will being in the right place at the right time, unless you are ready. The most important question is: 'Are you ready?' ~ Johnny Carson


6 comments:

  1. Today is a low tide day. M and I are doing our own thing and we enjoy each others company. No arrow shooting today. Maybe tomorrow??
    I hope you will experience some low tides too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good reminder for me not to get involved in any big projects when I'm trying to sail through stormy seas. Hope you and M enjoy your "low tide" day! :)

      Delete
  2. Emotions can really muddy up our intentions and what we aim to do or accomplish. May your aim be true, be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn. I suppose I should focus on one thing at a time today instead of dealing with too much at one time.

      Delete
  3. I'll be interested to see this deck as it's been off and on my list for a while. Today's mix of fire and water makes me think of Temperance, and the potential healing qualities of that pair of elemental energies when they're in a balanced relationship with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an interesting take on it. I can see the need for such balance when one's enthusiasm might run over someone's feelings without being aware of it.

      Delete