I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Weighed Down

From the Sun and Moon Tarot, Justice; from the Wisdom Keepers Oracle, Imagination:
          The Justice card is illustrated with the scales of Ma'at; the heart is weighed against the feather of truth and harmony. What would make my heart heavy to the point where honesty and objectivity took a backseat to my feelings? Resentment, that rancid, bitter memory of having been treated unfairly, can make mine heavy as lead. The rational choice would be to lighten up by letting go of my righteous indignation, to accept the reality of what has happened and find a way to live peacefully with it. But the card Imagination reminds me what can grow from a seed of anger. It's not only that an injustice happened (though there's no need to condone it), but that I continue to narrate mental stories about the event. I relive the situation over and over, making my emotional attachment even stronger. If I can drop my story line, the resentment has a chance to fade. I imagine those scales would even out a bit then.
“The most difficult times for many of us are the ones we give ourselves.” 
― Pema Chödrön

4 comments:

  1. I know that exact feeling, and you phrased so well. The bitterness that remains after being treated badly can really linger. As I have gotten older I can shake it off sooner than later, but sometimes not. That internal dialogue rehashing the ill treatment can leave me exhausted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That internal dialogue is a pain; it's like choosing to watch a bad movie over and over again.

      Delete
  2. voice of experience, a seed of rage = breast cancer. Work it through friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hate is gone,but I mourn the relationship itself.

      Delete