I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, October 16, 2015

Random Luck?

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Six of Sticks (Wands); from the Post-Psychedelic Cyberpunk Deck, the "Random Number Generator:"
          These athletic-looking fellows have managed to reach a tall branch by working together, one providing a boost for the other. It reminds me of trying to hang a wind chime in a sycamore tree the other day. Being vertically challenged, there was no way I could have reached even the lowest limb without assistance. The Random Number Generator questions whether success (as suggested by the Six of Sticks) is random or planned. Are some folks just lucky, or do we make our own luck? I surely had no choice over my genetics, where I was born or how I was raised. Those things might be considered good or bad fortune. But other responsibilities land squarely in my lap. Do I ask for help when I need it? (And do I thank those who offer aid?) Do I take advantage of opportunities that present themselves? Do I put my shoulder to the wheel or expect someone else to do the hard work? I figure some is pure random luck, and some success is self-made.

4 comments: