I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Cloudy Condtions

This week I'll be using the PetraK Tarot, created by Petra Reiter-Köck and published by Piatnik. I'll be pairing with this deck a roll from the Astrodice, a kit produced by The Wessex Astrologer Ltd. Today's card and roll are the Eight of Swords and "Neptune/Pisces/2nd House:"
          In the Thoth tradition, the Eight of Swords is referred to as Interference. Here is the mind that loves to analyze each detail until it has squeezed all the sanity right out. Toss in a bit of fear, and any idea or solution triggers a "yes, but..." in return. The mind spins and spins in circles yet makes no progress. Looking at the Astrodice roll, the reason for this endless mental cycle becomes a bit clearer. Dreamy Neptune pairs up with the poetic Pisces, which would be great if the objective was of an artistic or spiritual nature. But the 2nd House is about resources - those material things that keep us comfortable and provide stability and security. This planet and sign are two of the most impractical for such a grounded purpose. The sword at the bottom of the card remains in the yellow light and suggests pausing until logic and reality shed a brighter light on the situation.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, the "yes, but...." Game. I try not to instigate this game and I've learned my girls at an early age that this game needs at least two players. ☺
    Altough the Thoth system still is a closed book for me, I do appreciate the artwork of this deck a lot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Thoth used to be closed for me as well. Thankfully now there are some books and online sites that are helpful, plus some Thothy decks with companion books that explain things better than Crowley. :D

      Delete
  2. I've been back and forth with this deck. The author is very personable and I've had some good emails with her about the deck. I love the pairing with the Astrodice which I've not seen before. I'll be intrigued to see how they work through the week. I can relate to today's role...ahem ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite Thothy decks - the art is beautiful. Nice to know the artist is a lovely lady. :)
      I'm fairly ignorant when it comes to astrology, but this little simple set is understandable even for me, lol.

      Delete