I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Active and Receptive

From the PetraK Tarot, the Ace of Wands; from the Astrodice, "Moon/Cancer/9th House:"
          A friend once sent me a ruby in the rough; though lovely, most people probably wouldn't give it more than a glance in its raw, unpolished state. Likewise, the burning wand suggests I have an untapped supply of energy and enthusiasm at hand. Though unrefined, my will can shape it and put it to good use. It can provide me with the passion and motivation I'll need to get things done. Yet the roll of the Astrodice balances out this fiery, masculine energy with a feminine approach. The intuitive and receptive Moon links up with the sensitive and nurturing sign of Cancer. Combining such opposites can be quite the tightrope act. The "bulldozer" side of me likes to get things done, but age is teaching me that an encouraging nudge is often better than a hard shove. Slow, mindful movement with my intuitive antennae extended should lead the way, to make sure no one gets run over. The 9th House suggests all of this has to do with finding meaning through travel, study or spiritual searching.

4 comments:

  1. We have come a long way on our journey. Learned a lot, lost a lot, loved a lot. But we're not there yet. So we will try and be kind and gentle..... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And miles to go before I sleep... I vote for the kind and gentle route too. :)

      Delete
  2. With this combo I'm reminded of the Buddha's teaching, 'Be a lamp unto yourself'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see that - work on yourself/look at yourself rather than worrying about others need to do.

      Delete