I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Start Where I Stand

From the Wheel of Change Tarot, the Empress; from the Oracle of the Dreamtime, "Reconciliation:"
          Genetti says the Empress symbolizes "creativity in every realm of life." The apple trees in the background (one in bloom and one bearing fruit) as well as the apple she holds makes me ask myself: What are you growing that is healthy and wholesome? The basket of eggs between her feet suggests I think about what I am creating that is still in the first stages of infancy. Am I keeping these projects or aspirations "warm" with my attention, or has my effort wandered off somewhere more exciting?
          The Reconciliation card is lovely, illustrated with natural wonders and man-made wonders, native and non-native people, and various forms of animal life. This painting isn't a Dreaming, but a vision of the Council for Aboriginal Reconciliation that represents justice and equality for all. The earth and all its inhabitants sit at the same round table with equal importance. Hakanson explains the fruition of this vision begins by accepting the self, both strengths and limitations, and then ripples out to others. The Empress offers me the tools to create this peace, but I must start where I stand.
You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.
― Eckhart Tolle
Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace. 
― Albert Schweitzer

4 comments:

  1. Gestating the seeds of integration...I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that would have made a great title for this post! :)

      Delete
  2. Here is a funny for you. In the past few years lines of quilting fabric have come out based on Aboriginal art. I really like it but don't buy fabric anymore, I'm using from my own stash. I must have shown that fabric to Rob at some point though, he announced a month or so ago that there were two quilt shops in Alice Springs and he was going to buy me some of that fabric I like.

    I was a bit horrified and said their fabric is 2 to 3 times more than ours, I could order it online and even get free shipping. He just gave me the bent eye and said "but it didn't come from Australia did it?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, your man is such a sweetheart. My mom did the same kind of thing for me when she went to Oz - except it was a blooming didgeridoo she shipped!

      Delete