I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Refueling Station

From the Victoria Regina Tarot, the Four of Swords; from the Universe Cards, "Red Giant:"
          In 1859, Florence Nightingale wrote Notes on Nursing, a book for nonprofessionals who were responsible for taking care of another in the home. One chapter emphasized the need to let the sick rest by restricting the visits of well-meaning friends and family. Ovenall suggests similar advice should be heeded with this card - allow my mind to rest. No matter whether I'm trying to come up with a creative concept or a solution to a problem, sometimes I have to set the challenge aside. Fresh eyes and a rejuvenated mind will be more beneficial than pounding my head against a brick wall.
          A Red Giant is a star that is dying. Once the hydrogen that fuels its fusion process is used up, it drops in temperature (giving off a red color) and swells up to many times its normal size. Eventually the star's core will collapse. The Red Giant reminds me of the birds that come to my feeders. When feeling threatened by another bird, many of them fluff their feathers and spread their tails to appear much larger. When my body and brain are exhausted, small problems can mushroom into mountains. It feels overwhelming, although in reality it's not. When I'm in this head-space, rash and irrational choices are easy to make. Sleep or relaxation won't make my challenges disappear, but they can refuel my energy and mind so I can better cope.

5 comments:

  1. Finally there it is: your recuperation card. I do hope you can sleep and rest so the mountains will be molehills again and your will feel stronger and more resiliant soon
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I was relieved to see this one show up! :)

      Delete
  2. I'll echo Ellen's thoughts as well your own. Here's to replenishing rest and cosmic dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just told a friend I'm thinking of reinstating naptime at my house. :D

      Delete
    2. I've discovered naps not so long ago too :D

      Delete