I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hiding from Life

From the Tarot of the Cat People, the Four of Pentacles; from the Sacred Geometry Oracle, the "Point:"
          At first I thought this lady was protecting herself from the cat, but she's not even looking in his direction. It's more likely that the cat is wary of her; its animal instinct tells it that something is not quite right with this woman. She seems to be trying to shield herself from life with the pentacles. It's one of the many ways we try to fool ourselves into believing that we can find security in an ever-changing world. With the addition of the Point, I wonder where this woman crossed the line from seeing finances as a way to live, to living only to make money. What happened in her life, where was the defining incident from which her deluded thinking began? Maybe if she could find that point of origin, she could unravel her illusions and learn to live joyfully in each moment.

4 comments:

  1. I think there are three kinds of people, when it comes to coins anyway.
    Entranced with the making, Warren Buffet
    Entranced with the having, my FIL
    Entranced with the spending

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting way to look at this suit. I'm going to have to file this away for later use - thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. I liked this one. I generally find it interesting to see how different decks portray the 4 of Pents. This one's good.

    I had that particular Sacred Geometry oracle and was so disappointed in his way too simplistic (dare I say "dumbed down") exercises in the book that I returned it. I then bought Francene Hart's Sacred Geometry Oracle instead and a comprehensive book on Sacred Geometry and its history by Robert Lawlor--good depth there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really enjoying the Cat People. I got hooked on sacred geometry when I read "How to Construct the Universe." I actually had Hart's deck, but while I found her art lovely, I thought her book too New Agey. I suppose I prefer the "dumbed down" version of Greer, :D.

      Delete