I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, March 23, 2015

Dancing in the Moonlight

From the Navigators of the Mystic Sea Tarot, the Empress; from the Celtic Lenormand, "Holly Tree:"
          The subtitle given the Empress is "Conception." When I looked up this word, I came across this quote by Henry Adams: "Chaos often breeds life, when order breeds habit." Now for someone like me, who thrives on logic and structure, this quote sounds ridiculous. But then I considered when I have had my most creative ideas or come up with my best solutions. It has always been as I was puttering around, having fun or about to fall asleep - basically, when I wasn't intentionally thinking about something. The figures dancing in the moonlight are a reminder that sometimes the best answer is to quit trying so hard to find one.
          The Celtic Lenormand has two trees: an oak in summer and a holly in winter. While both have to do with health, growth and groundedness, the seasonal extreme gives an extra bit of meaning for me. The winters of life can feel harsh and daunting, as if things won't ever change. Yet the holly with its evergreen leaves and bright berries show that life can still flourish in the hardest of times. The Empress creates no matter what the season; though seeds might be resting underground, they will eventually sprout. I need to be flexible enough to realize Nature's timetable is fluid, not fixed. Until then, I can dance.

8 comments:

  1. It is just like when you've lost something. When you search for it you can't find it but when you let it go, like magic it appears. :)
    So let's never forget how to dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, the fruitful patience of gestation...lovely combo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Fruitful patience of gestation" - that describes these cards beautifully. :)

      Delete
  3. What beautiful cards Bev! Wow well I certainly am feeling the Winter deluge of being snowed under in Spring! Hard to stay hopeful but how can you not be with it being Spring. My driveway is completely filled in six to eight foot drifts! We've had a really freak storm with blowing drifts the first day of Spring!
    I have to have hope someone will help me get out of here!!! Thanks for the hopeful message!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've just given me another reason to be grateful today - no snow to deal with! Hope you get thawed out soon. :)

      Delete
    2. Oh ya!
      I called one of my very best friends and vented, with a little melt down. Finally got hold of a buddy who told me our neighbour/First Responder was coming down sometime today to plow me out! I'lll be able to get food! One orange and a bag of flour just doesn't' cut it! Lol
      There is always something to be grateful for and any extras, that's gravy!

      Delete
  4. A keyword for the Holly is hibernation - perhaps a reminder that to be creative you need to take some quiet moments for yourself... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make sense from a "gestation" point of view! :)

      Delete