I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 2, 2015

The Magician's Mojo

From the Deck of the Bastard, the Magician; from the Marseille Oracle, "Loss:"
          This Magician looks like one from the Etteilla deck; instead of the usual items on the table, he has a figure resembling himself. This may be because Etteilla's magus was given the keywords "Sorrow or Illness." He is literally trying to enact the proverb "Physician, heal thyself." He's lost his mojo and is desperately trying to get it back - which leads to the Loss card. However, this may not be something physical that has been lost. If a candle is snuffed out, it is the illumination that disappears. His thinking is cloudy rather than clear. These cards suggest that whatever needs to be healed, it is going to require me doing the work. There is no magic pill to take, enlightening book to read or guru to give advice. I'm the only one who can make the changes necessary to get back my mojo. I know what to do, I just need to do it.

3 comments:

  1. I know the feeling of postponing the doing although you know it will make things better
    Knowing where your mojo is but feeling hesitant to pick up until the need grows too strong and then you wished you had done so sooner
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's that four letter word that gets me: T-I-M-E. It takes time to get healthy, to learn a new craft or to change a habit. I want that Magician's wand to do it NOW, lol.

      Delete
  2. I drew the Eight of Earth today: practice practice practice! :D

    ReplyDelete