I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

None Listening But Me

From the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy, the Ten of Swords; from the Lenormand de Marseilles, the "Coffin:"
       Lee Bursten gives the keyword "defending" to the Swords suit and assigns "enough already" to the number ten. Have you ever caught yourself arguing your stance or choice inside your head? I'll find myself listing all the reasons why I believe my point of view is right, and why I am correct in my judgment of a person or situation. But if I really believed in my ideas, I'd probably be discussing them with someone who could share a realistic perspective (one that I doubt would back mine up). Enough already indeed.
       As if the Ten of Swords weren't crystal clear, the Coffin comes along to underscore the message. Don't just let those ideas and beliefs go; put them in a box, nail the lid down, and bury it six feet under. What is interesting though is the Nine of Pentacles (Diamonds) associated with it - a card that makes me think of freedom and independence. By getting unstuck from those thoughts, I will allow a beneficial transformation to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment