I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Can I Get a Do-Over?

From the Norse Tarot, the Five of Wands; from the Wolf Pack, "Carelessness:"
       The rods used in this competitive struggle meet to form a star/pentacle, the symbol for the human's physical existence. I think it is in the nature of people to want to do things their way (translated: the right way), so opposition is likely. But can we present our viewpoints and reasoning behind them without drawing blood? Such a discussion is a hallmark of maturity and can encourage choosing the best possible solution or plan of action.
       The wolf is so intent on digging up an old kill, he's oblivious to the mountain lion coming up the hill. The irony is that he's eating to survive, but because he's not alert, he's liable to be killed. It is easy to lose sight of what's important when we're too focused on the wrong things. Both these cards remind me that getting my way doesn't always mean I'll get the result I was hoping for.

6 comments:

  1. Today we have been putting up our Christmas decorations which was cause for some compromising to keep the christmas spirit alive :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year no one wanted to help decorate for the holidays, so I said "okay." We are all balancing a lot of things right now, and that just seemed one of the things we could let go of and not worry about. :) Part of me will miss the lights, but the other part of me won't miss dragging stuff down out of the attic or putting it back up later!

      Delete
    2. Verily, she smote herself smartly on the forehead...
      I wondered how I could miss the alignment of those 5 wands all these years. So I googled "5 of Wands" on my blog. Whew. I wasn't blind after all :)
      But the Pulina and Magical Forest (my favorite 5 of Wands of all time) come close.
      I love how each day is a new adventure with our bits of paper and ink.

      Delete
    3. Nope, I've only seen that in the Norse Tarot so far. :) That adventure is what keeps me blogging!

      Delete
    4. Yes, I love that the rods here form a pentacle - layers within layers. And such a delicate balance - if we did everything alone, we'd never have to compromise, but how lonely and dull it would be :)

      Delete
    5. I've actually had my mind changed about doing things a certain way through listening to others - and the results turned out much better than if I had done things my way!

      Delete