I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, November 10, 2014

What Motivates is the Key

From the Albano-Waite Tarot, the Queen of Wands; from the Rumi Cards, "healing is here:"
       My initial reaction to this queen is that I don't have much in common with her. She's charismatic, extroverted and the spark behind every project or party. She exudes self-confidence, grace and magnetism. But we do share one important belief: know yourself. Understand what motivates you and inspires you; figure out what makes you want to get out of bed every morning. My passion is found in sharing what I've learned and in my creative endeavors. While I love my family and friends, these are the things that bring me an inner joy.
       Healing is here, says Rumi, but where is the key? The Queen of Wands would laugh and tell me, "You just answered that question!" So many artists, writers and crafts-people channel their suffering into their work. I do think it helps us process the pain we feel, and the result often taps into the hearts of others as well.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have this key always to your disposal. Our Creativity can be expressed always at any moment. And not only in our "art room"but also in the little things. This queen represents my challenge in life: to go for it because I deserve it! to enjoy every moment of my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess everyone really holds this key, even it they don't consider themselves an artist. I think of all the quiltmakers, creative cooks, etc. out there who express themselves in different ways, yet they are still artistic in their own way.

      Delete
    2. An important post Bev. I constantly hear so many people say, " I can't draw a straight line! " Thinking this is what creativity is. Creativity sure comes in a myriad of forms, and exists in everyone, expressed in a variety of ways. We are born creative, and the trick is to continue to stay this way!

      Delete
    3. I wholeheartedly agree - creativity can be expressed in a myriad of ways!

      Delete