I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Expand Your Mind

From the Nicoletta Ceccoli Tarot, the Queen of Swords; from the Sacred Geometry Oracle, "Gnomonic Expansion:"
      This queen's got a knife, and she's not afraid to use it - at least metaphorically. She seems to have purposefully plucked the eye of the cupcake man, but why? I think she is trying to correct his mistaken perceptions. Perhaps he blames everyone else for his troubles and fails to see his own thoughts, words and actions set the ball rolling. Or he may believe manipulating others for his own personal gain is acceptable. Then again, he might be so entangled in other's lives that he tries to take on challenges that are not his to bear. Whatever the problem, this queen is about to apply some Windex.
       Gnomonic expansion is an ancient method of producing a larger version of the same form with the same proportions as the original (similar to an architectural model that expands to become an actual building). I suppose because I was just looking through the latest Northern Sun catalog, this card made me think of the phrase, "Think globally, act locally." It is so easy to look at the world through my constricted viewpoint, through the lens of my personal belief system. Yet the queen and the sacred geometry card suggest I need to widen my perception.

3 comments:

  1. I could see this Queen as ill-dignified, taking a chunk out of someone with her biting comments… I love that notion of thinking globally and acting locally. It's so easy to see the ills of the world and feel powerless, so bringing it down to your own human level is better psychologically, and you can actually get moving, rather than just talking or thinking about it - a good counterpoint to the Queen's normal modus operandi :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep waiting for this innocent-looking girl to morph into some frightening monster like in a horror movie. :D

      Delete