I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, September 21, 2014

INTENSITY!!!

From the Wild Unknown, the Mother (Queen) of Wands; from the Pictish Oracle, the "Double Crescent:"
The Wild Unknown is mostly a black and white deck, but take a look at all the reds and yellows in the background of this court card. These colors and the snake with its coiled body is a big hint that this mother/queen is full of energy and passion. The way she protects her eggs tells me she considers her projects sacred and will fight to keep them alive and growing. This card screams intensity to me, as if the queen has all her senses on hyper-alert.
The Double Crescent symbol found on incised stones suggests waning and waxing moons. It indicates there is a time to be engaged and bursting with enthusiasm, and there is a time to seek rest and renewal. Life can't constantly be lived at this mother/queen's level - in all caps with three exclamation points after each sentence. That kind of lifestyle takes a toll not only on her, but those in her inner circle as well. Besides, what were weekends created for?

4 comments:

  1. Love this deck and a good message.
    Being a hyper kid, I 'm glad I slowed down with age, and have learned to challenge my energy and passion. But anxiety and getting your underwear in a knot is something I have to watch out for. That is such a waste of energy and passion. Writing helps me immeasurably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is one reason why I love to blog; it gives me a chance to poke around in my brain and see what's going on in there so I don't have too many unexpected, unpleasant, emotional surprises. :)

      Delete
  2. Tee hee, what were weekends created for!? They are such a modern creation, yet as you say, the wisdom to move inward and outward goes far deeper. While farmers and mothers don't get days off for the weekend, there are the rhythms of the seasons, and of our selves and others. Thank goodness it isn't summer all year round :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Thank goodness it isn't summer all year round." - my teacher friends might disagree with that statement, lol.

      Delete