I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Bankruptcy

From the Mary-El Tarot, the Nine of Swords; from the OH Cards, "Progress/Habit:"
The sixes generally represent a return to harmony, a change that restores balance. In the Mary-El painting there is a white tower on land and a black tower in the sea, an image that suggests a sort of yin and yang. The eagle flies over both, moving toward the temple and city which Hathor watches over. Something has been lost or damaged in communication or the exchange of ideas. Truth and objectivity have been exchanged for opinions. The situation and people involved are not going to change. If I want things to be different, then I'm the one who will need to move in a new direction.
The OH Cards image shows a person charting and measuring growth and progress. The Habit word card implies something done on a regular basis. "How did I get myself involved in this mess?" is a phrase I hear often and have said myself. But keeping tabs on how things are progressing instead of letting them slide will prevent me from being caught off guard. If there is no open and honest exchange so that things might change for the better, then the alliance or association is bankrupt. It's time to move on.

5 comments:

  1. I suppose you mean with bankruptcy the same as being mistreated by friends. Sometimes tarot tells us the same thing from a different perspective.
    I like the Mary El card very much. I wonder which tower is less likely being talked into something :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe not so much mistreated as just finding it impossible to have a discussion - they just want to debate. There is no listening just telling. :) How can you have a relationship/association with a person/group like that?

      Delete
    2. Now I understand. Sometimes it is a relationship which you cannot end for peace sake. That's when I let them blurt out there opinions and I only react with more than an a few "uh huh's" when they get offensive. I simple refuse to listen to those kind of remarks

      Delete
  2. Such a strange image, the Mary El, with its overtones of the High Priestess. And yet, I can see how she might interact with the Six of Swords: listening to your own counsel and leaving arguments behind, even if others continue to argue. Some of these cards are so lovely...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I got a "High Priestess" vibe too, but this is like her fraternal twin sister who says move it! :)

      Delete