I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, June 9, 2014

Keeping It Simple

This week I'll be using the Golden Tarot, created by Kat Black and published by U.S. Games. The oracle I'll be using is the Yantra Deck, created by Karl Schaffner with Maya Deva Adjani and published by Vayu Publishing. Today's cards are the Knight of Coins and "Simplicity:"
The man who has begun to live more seriously within begins to live more seriously without. ~ Ernest Hemingway
The knight looks out at the lay of the land before rushing into any endeavor. He is patient and methodical, rather than impulsive and haphazard. His dog (his instincts) has a muzzle on it as if to remind him to be careful not to bite off a large chunk of anything quite yet. The Simplicity yantra is fairly self-explanatory, suggesting I need to be fully present with what is under my nose rather than what is behind me or way ahead of me. Having just gotten home from my trip, my inclination is to try to catch up on the chores and what I've missed since I've been gone. Yet the only thing I absolutely must do is go grocery shopping. I'll opt for food, rest and sanity today.
My mom and I

6 comments:

  1. I think that is the best option.:) Just relax and process your experiences of the past couple of days.
    And how wonderful it is to finally "meet" you.:)
    Lovely picture of you and your mom!
    Ps how did you manage to disable the right click on your pictures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. :) I thought I better start protecting the scans I put up on my blog, so I followed the instructions I found here:
      http://smallbusiness.chron.com/blogger-insert-photo-blog-post-right-protect-30492.html

      Delete
    2. It looks to daunting for me. I will continue with the © on my pictures

      Delete
    3. I had to keep tabs open on both pages to follow it - I'm not much of a computer geek. But the copyright should work too! :)

      Delete
    4. I'll still put a copyright mark on my images, too. Two reasons: people can still "steal" the image by taking a screenshot; and it lets people google where the image is from, whether they see it on your blog or elsewhere.
      On another note, glad you had a good time away, and hope you get some time to relax and refind yourself. I remember someone saying something about our souls travelling at walking pace, and having to catch up with us when we travel faster than that, and I certainly feel that way sometimes!

      Delete
    5. Thanks NP; I'm definitely going at a "walking pace" today. :)

      Delete