I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, April 3, 2014

I Just Happen to Have a Hankie...

From the Deirdre of Sorrows Tarot, the Queen of Cups:
Some people get upset when they draw the Tower, Death or Three of Swords. I worry when the Queen of Cups shows up. Like her son the Page, she is sensitive; I imagine she has a wad of kleenexes hidden in the curl of her hand. I've never been one to have public displays of emotion; if I do, I can guarantee a deep well has been tapped into. But this woman also has a spiritual side, which I do admire and aspire to emulate. She invites me to look inside myself and find what is loving and beautiful, then to look at others and do the same. Maybe I could use a hankie after all...

From the Victorian Flower Oracle was drawn the "Violet:"
With Spring solidly upon us, there are many white and purple wild violets popping up in areas that are shaded from the heat of the day. When I first glanced at this card, I only saw one flower-woman, but looking more closely, I could see two more in the background. The keywords seem to approve of me finding a safe haven for my feelings, yet at the same time that place of shelter should include other people with whom I am willing to share my vulnerability. Like the violets that seek an appropriate place to grow, I must discern who will hold sacred what is in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I used to bottle up everything inside; only shared what was appropriate. So I do relate to crying in private. Usually I see her more as positive queen. not so scary as my king :) It is funny how everybody relates to the courts differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's funny that we both drew court card we weren't comfortable with today. :) I don't really think of her in a negative way, I just worry about showing my vulnerable side when she does.

      Delete