I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

But I Don't Want to Leave My "Happy Place"...

From the Deirdre of Sorrows Tarot, the Seven of Cups:
It's spring here with temperatures at 80F, so I can relate to this woman who wants just kickback and daydream. Honestly some of my best ideas and solutions have come by softening my mind's rational processes and letting thoughts float through. But what happens when I have that creative inspiration, figure out a plan or solve a problem? If I sit on my bum long enough, the opportunity might disappear like that hot air balloon with three of the cups. I've got to pull my head out of the clouds, plant my feet firmly on the ground and do something constructive.

From the Victorian Flower Oracle comes the "Opium Poppy:"
After drawing the Seven of Cups, I had to laugh when this flower showed up. I can just imagine the bug with the lantern trying to wake up the other insects that are in La-la Land. Staying in a dream world is comfortable; I don't have to worry about failure, whether other folks will like my ideas or if I'll have the resources to do what I'd like. But if I stay in this drug-like state, I'm defeated before I even begin. Time to test my thoughts against reality.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you but sometimes it can be enough to have a little notebook with you where you can jot down all your creative idea's and keep them for a rainy day when it is more inviting to be constructive
    Happy daydreaming :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the same only different. I love tarot...

    ReplyDelete