I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Power without Prudence

From the Ferret Tarot, the Eight of Pentacles:
 This conjuring, little ferret and its panicked parent remind me of the Disney animation "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" in Fantasia. I can just imagine coming home and finding my young grandsons playing with my power tools - I would have the same reaction. They don't have any sense of caution, knowledge or ability to use such tools. I get it though; I have things I would like to be accomplished in too without all the effort. But it takes that four letter word to get there: T-I-M-E. There are things I have to learn, techniques to practice, books to study and teachers to learn from. Still I dream of having a magic wand...

From the Nature's Wisdom deck comes "Feather:"
It seems so strange to imagine that some dinosaurs had feathers. Of course they weren't used for flying, but were likely a tool for thermoregulation, attraction of mates, or camouflage. Yet somewhere along the evolutionary line, feathers also became a tool of flight. Again there is the emphasis of progress being made over a period of time and in stages. Unless I want to end up like Icarus, whose man-made wings failed because he ignored instructions, I might as well settle in for lessons and stop looking for the wizard's hat and wand.




6 comments:

  1. fun to see some cards with the ferrets, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, sometimes I need a deck that makes me not take life so seriously. :)

      Delete
  2. You have teamed up nicely with Sharyn today!
    These cards also make me think of the sense of accomplishment you will get when you get better at something without the wand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, and if something does go a little wrong, I'll have a better idea of how to fix it. :)

      Delete
    2. Just like Thomas Edison and his lightbulb :D

      Delete