I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wake Up Buttercup

From the Tarot of the Absurd, the Sun:
The Sun blowing its warm breath on the roly-poly boy made me think of a walk on the beach in late afternoon. After a few days of around 80F (26C) temperatures, the cold has settled back in, making me feel a bit like this boy. I've also been really busy lately, with a wide range of activities and obligations, and so I would prefer to stay in bed this morning. But the Sun is gently encouraging me to open my eyes, uncurl my body, and embrace this wonderful day ahead. Okay, okay - but only after another cup of coffee.

From the Post Psychedelic Cyberpunk deck comes the "Microcosm:"
Falkov, in her booklet that accompanies her deck, writes: "The Microcosm is the inner universe of our own minds. It is our thoughts, emotions, and the totality of our unique experience." If all that is going on in the little boy's mind above, no wonder he is content to stay in dream land. There is something that makes us feel safe when we stay in our thought-world instead of venturing out into real life. But the real joy and adventure will only be found in the outer world where the Sun is shining.

2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your reading for today. This morning I wished I could stay in bed too, but now I am so happy to be out and about on this beautiful sunny day
    And where would we be without coffee. Sometimes I think I should better have an IV with coffee in it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness I had that second cup because now it is raining, lol! At least I'm in motion now...

      Delete