I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Monday, February 17, 2014

Sharp Words

From the PetraK Tarot, the Three of Swords:
The central sword stuck into the cluster of crystals reminds me of a grave marker or memorial. In all the years that I've used tarot cards, the Three of Swords has often come up when I was careless with my words. There have been days when my emotions got ahead of my brain, days when I was trying to be flippant and clever, and days when I didn't listen carefully before opening my mouth. Each time, I hurt someone I cared about. The little flowering vine (looking a little wilted) climbing up the central sword reminds me how fragile we humans can be. It will be a day to pause and think about what I'm going to say before I say it.

The toss of the AstroDice today produced "Moon - Gemini - 7:"
The Moon shows up again, and I feel that it indicates some underlying emotions about to surface. Gemini is full of restless energy and may multi-task to channel it in a variety of directions. The 7th House deals with relationships, particularly close ones such as a spouse, child or close friend. Taken with the Three of Swords above, I can see how becoming flustered with too many projects may cause an emotional outburst on my part, harming someone I care about. Perhaps I should pick up some of that designer duct tape at the office supply store today...

4 comments:

  1. I wish I had read this earlier. I had a huge difference of opinion with M today and my Irritations and annoyance gushed over her. Afterwards I felt so bad but during the fight I couldn't stop myself and I hate that.Of course we made up and I said I was sorry, but still the harsh words have been said
    I should pick up some duct tape too I guess :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I welcome this card as a "heads-up" to hopefully prevent me from using my words like a sledge hammer. Usually I only see the after effects, especially if I am feeling irritable and out of sorts before the conversation begins.

      Delete
  2. Ha ha, hope the designer duct tape worked ;) Those astro dice are quite interesting, though I generally prefer objects with images. Still, it's fun to get these insights into astrology, which I've never really gotten my head around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did! These dice are fun to work with (and they were cheap!); I know little to nothing about astrology, but the lwb that comes with the dice is easy to understand.

      Delete