I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Germination

This week I'll be using the Golden Botticelli Tarot, created by A. Atanassov in the style of the Italian Renaissance artist and published by Lo Scarabeo. Unfortunately the lovely gold foil accents don't show up in the scans (it usually appears black), so you'll have to use your imagination. Today's draw is the Sun:
The Sun implies joy, warmth, energy, clarity and general well-being. Instead of the protective wall found in the RWS, there is a protective mother; rather than a horse, there is a playmate. In this place I can live in the moment and enjoy simple pleasures. I feel free to be authentic and genuine with nothing to hide, and I understand that I don't need to take the words or actions of others personally. I make no assumptions - if there is no evidence, there is no proof. There is freedom in this green, thriving place that will allow me to grow and expand if I will take advantage of it.

I will also be using the Sacred Geometry Oracle, a set created by John M. Greer and published by Llewellyn. Today's card is the "Spiral:"
When I think of a spiral, I think of a fern frond that is unfolding or a seed deep in the earth that begins to germinate. It represents that which is hidden or asleep beginning to stretch and come into the light. I can't think of a more appropriate card to draw on Imbolc, a Gaelic festival marking the beginning of spring. I am reminded that although my spiritual life is not where I'd like it to be (full blown maturity), there are some stirrings and movement happening. Germination begins when there is the right combination of soil, warmth and water that allows the seed to develop. In the same way, spiritual maturity is a progression that can't be rushed.

4 comments:

  1. Today the sun was shining here again . It is so easy to imagine everything coming to life in the ground. It even smells differently outside.
    I feel this season is an opportunity to start anew, to try again to be more who I am suppose to be. That is the advantage of the turning of the year. There is always an opportunity to do start again
    Lovely cards for this day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is gray and rainy here, though warmer (no ice and snow!). It was nice to remember that things are changing, even if outward appearances don't always show it.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. That is the reassurance of life: constant change

      Delete