I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, January 17, 2014

Leash Training

From the Fey Tarot, Strength:
The first thing I notice about this card is how young and small the Fey is compared to the multiple-headed dragon. Her youth represents innocence - her intentions are pure with no hidden agendas. She's not out to win accolades or prove anything. The second observation is that there are no bloody, dripping dragon heads impaled on a spear. Though she has a huge sword at her side, she has chosen to tie down and subdue the beast instead of kill it. She reminds me that my inner "dragons" (emotions and other instincts that make me want to react impulsively) can be useful if used with forethought and moderation. My job is to keep them trained on a leash, not running loose.

From the I Misteri della Sibilla comes the card "Enemy:"
If you're in a store and someone walks into it with a mask on, you have a pretty good idea that trouble is afoot. But in life, most people are a little less obvious and a little more cunning when they're doing something. Have you ever had a funny feeling about someone, as if they were pretending to play a role? My intuitive antenna has been picking up signals about someone lately, but I have no firm evidence that he is doing anything wrong. The Strength card above would caution me not to be overly paranoid or reactive, yet still trust my gut and not let my guard down. I have a feeling his true colors will show through soon enough.

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful it would be if you didn't need a leash but just could say the command: "Heel" (Like in dog training)
    I prefer Lions and animals which aren't on a leash in a Strength card. in that way there is a more equal relationship between the person and the animal
    I do love this deck though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess in a way it is a mental leash - I suppose I just need an outward symbol of it, lol. For me the animal is ME - the beast within that can protect and help me but when allowed to run without boundaries can get out of control. Sort of like comparing one's self-respect on one end of the continuum with arrogance and domination at the other end, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it does. I feel that when I want to rage and roar but have to firmly speak my mind instead

      Delete