I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Unlock the Gate

From the Morgan-Greer Tarot, the Ace of Cups:
I got up this morning with only 3 hours of sleep under my belt to discover I had plumbing and internet problems. I also have casseroles to make for Thanksgiving, so needless to say, I was in a "mood." Yet the smell and taste of that first cup of coffee, a hug from my husband, an upbeat version of the chant Om Mani Padme Hum, and the sight of this lovely card gave my mood a makeover. The five streams flowing down from the cup in this card represent the five senses, and ways for me to lift my emotions when I'm feeling out of sorts. It never fails to amaze me how something so simple can have such a big impact.

From the Goddesses and Sirens Oracle comes "Sheela na Gig:"
This is the most modest version of this goddess I've ever seen. This bawdy trickster is usually shown (as we Southerners delicately put it) with her "dumplings" spilling out and "heaven's gate" wide open. Her irreverence pokes fun at my overly serious nature; she suggests I lighten up and take down my barriers. When I have moments like this morning, I often want to isolate and refuse any help from others. But Sheela tells me to get over myself and unlock my gate - there are sincere folks who want to offer support if I'll let them.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad everything turned out fine. I hope you casseroles did too.
    Lovely how a mood can be changed by "little "things as a card, a hug, a chant and coffee. I've had the same experience today with my afternoon of: a card,a book coffee and chocolate :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet and plumbing problems are fixed, and only one more casserole to make. Things are definitely looking up! Now if I can just squeeze in a nap... :)

      Delete
  2. sheena reminds me of Jack Nicholson...

    It's only a meal, relax. :)
    Still waiting for my Pictish! Got my Sacred Geometry red box yesterday, so gorgeous. Ley Lines and sacred geometry are my focus of study in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, she DOES look like Jack! I wonder if he has a sister.:D Sacred geometry is something I would like to learn more about myself. The book "How to Construct the Universe" got me curious to explore it a bit.

      Delete
    2. I think that book is in my pile...come on January ;)
      Hope your day meets all your best expectations, and more~

      Delete
    3. I think having no expectations might work out better, lol. Hope you, your mom and Rob have a relaxing, peaceful holiday.

      Delete