I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Readjusting Judgments

From the Cosmic Tarot, the Two of Wands:
When I have a "two" that shows up, I always think of choosing, joining or compromise. But as I look at this foppish fellow, I find myself judging him by his appearance. I think, "You better not take the path less traveled with its rocks and forests; you'd best stay on the paved road with rest stops at every mile." Yet I have often been proved wrong by such appraisals. Folks I've thought weak have surprised me with their tenacity and courage, and those I've thought strong have buckled under fear and stress. This card reminds me there is an inner fire that drives most of us, a force that may not always be outwardly obvious. And looking at the arch over the two rods as well as the roots growing from each, I feel I must reconsider my first assessment.

From the L'Oeil de Lotus comes "Death:"
There are events and situations over which we have control (such as the Two of Wands) and those over which we don't (such as this card). Yet we still have a choice about whether we will be reactive or proactive in each circumstance. A reactive choice means I dwell in the past, and I allow what has happened to keep me from progressing forward. A proactive choice means I learn from what has happened and take steps to prevent it or prepare for it happening again. The butterfly and shaft of light brings hope that all is not lost, but I may have to adjust my attitude to be able to see from this point of view (as Persephone did after eating the pomegranate seeds).



3 comments:

  1. It seems you have a lot of considering and adjusting to do but that's the story of life: everything, including ourselves, is always changing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am convinced that survival (emotional or otherwise) depends on being flexible and with the ability to adapt to change. :)

      Delete
    2. I call the ability to adept to change intelligence :D

      Delete