I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, November 9, 2013

Clinging and Avoiding

This week I'll be using the Cosmic Tarot created by Norbert Losche. Its companion book was written by Jean Huets, and both deck and book were published by U.S. Games. Today's card is the Two of Swords:
Under a full moon, a woman sits beside a channel of water. The water and weeping willow in the background suggest she is flooded with emotions, yet the two swords indicate a decision must be made. The swords are firmly planted in the ground, advocating a need to make sure her thoughts are based in reality instead of assumptions, projections or expectations. Her companion the cat purrs as she strokes him; the sound helps calm her mind and heart. The bright moon with the silhouettes of two birds show the value of tapping into her intuition for the answer. Neither choice will bring a perfect solution, so for now she waits. Patience will play in her favor, but can she resist making an impulsive decision just to get out of this uncomfortable limbo?

The oracle deck I'll be using this week is the L'Oeil de Lotus, create by Colette and Gerard Lougarre and published by Heron S.A. This morning's draw is "Justice:"
While the woman above ponders what choice to make, Justice asks the hard questions:
~ Which of the two is the most fair and equitable choice?
~ Would this choice reflect one's integrity or hide a motive?
~ How would this decision help restore balance and harmony?
~ Does this choice create a way toward restitution or does it cause more injury?
Balance includes both blue skies and thunderstorms; we can't cling to one and avoid the other.


6 comments:

  1. gorgeous cards today. I've had the cosmic in my wish pile many times, but there are just too many cards I don't like in it. More fun to enjoy yours...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cosmic does have some lovelies. I had it, then gave it away, then got another one. I guess the cards I do like outweigh the cards I don't. :)

      Delete
  2. When I read all the questions(Justice card) she has to consider it's no wonder it's a struggle for her to get out of this impasse. Sometimes intuition is the only thing that will get us moving. It strikes me she isn't blindfolded
    Nice deck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It feels like one of those situations that no matter what you do, no one is going to be happy. She's definitely "between a rock and a hard place!"

      Delete
    2. This reminds me of the queen of swords Perhaps when you have been through a lot of two of swords situations you'll become gradually the queen of this suit.

      Delete
    3. That's a very astute observation and idea - I like it. :)

      Delete