I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Diagramming Sentences

From the Druidcraft Tarot, the Prince (Knight) of Wands:
Okay, I'll admit it - I'm weird. I enjoy doing research and collecting data; I like to organize and make lists. Yes, I was even one of those strange kids in elementary school who found pleasure in diagramming sentences. So this impulsive knight who is boiling with eagerness is foreign to me. I want to ask him if he made sure he packed all the supplies he would need for his journey (which should be on a checklist he already made). But he reminds me that too much thinking can make me miss the trip altogether, plus I might use up all my enthusiasm in the planning stages. Time to just get on the horse and move.

From the Druid Plant Oracle comes the "Banes:"
The word bane literally means "slayer," and it was used to describe three poisonous plants: wolfsbane, henbane, and hemlock. One of the phrases the authors associate with the banes is "unexpected help." When life seems unbearable or overwhelming, sometimes people look for a drastic change or a big event to turn things around. But usually it is the small things that make a difference - some everyday thing that triggers a change in my thinking. In applying this to the Knight of Wands above, I am encouraged to stop trying to find all the solutions to all the problems before I take action. I need to trust that the kinks will work themselves out in the process.

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't do it today to save my soul, but I to liked breaking down sentences. Little mini-mysteries on the school's time. I wonder if sentence structure is even taught today?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "mini-mysteries" - yep, I think that was the draw for me. :)

      Delete