I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pocketful of Treasure

From the Rohrig Tarot, the Ten of Disks:
I love this representation of the Ten of Pentacles; it makes me think of all the things people of various ages stuff into their pockets. It may be something useful (key), a thing of beauty (shell), a curiosity (an unusual button), or a note meant to jog our memory. All these bits and bobs may not mean much to someone else, but to the person who selected them, they are like a miniature treasure chest. Today I am invited to consider that riches need not be only silver and gold. I have more treasures available to me than my mind can even begin to imagine.

From the Master Tarot comes the "Devotee:"
The devotee is someone who is wholeheartedly committed to a person, cause or thing. Upon reading the title of this card, I instantly thought of a Bible verse I heard often as a child: "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also" (Matthew 6:21). So where is my treasure? What do I consider most important in my life? If I look at where I spend my time and energy, I will find the answers. And some of them are downright embarrassing.

2 comments:

  1. that 10, on first glance, looks like a city from the air.

    Cornucopia is the first thing I thought of too, re: shell ears

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I've never been in an airplane, I'll take your word on that. :)

      Delete