I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Newton's Laws

This week I'll be using the Rohrig Tarot, created by Carl Rohrig and published by Editorial Sirio. Today's draw is the Wheel of Fortune:
A wheel constructed of both natural and man-made items overlays an image of the cosmos. I am reminded that something much greater than me and my ego is at operation here. In the companion book, written by Francesca Marzano-Fritz along with Rohrig, it states that there is both a centrifugal ("to flee from the center") force and a centripetal ("to seek the center") force at work. We humans tend to identify with the periphery of the Wheel, continually being flung hither and thither by the constant changes in our lives. The mud that sticks on eventually dries and flies off. But the authors advise us to identify and move to the center and allow everything personal to become impersonal. We then become objective watchers instead of being drawn into the drama.

The other deck I'll be using this week is the Master Tarot, created by Mario Montano and Amerigo Folchi and published by AG Muller. Although it is called a tarot, I think it resembles and works better as an oracle, and I'll use it as such. This morning's card is "Miracle:"
"When our eyes are open, the world really looks like the miracle it is; we see the smile of the One in the Many" ~Mario Montano
The illustration in this card shows a blind man that suddenly is given his sight back. I can't imagine the joy that would accompany such a circumstance. I am encouraged by this card to choose to focus on this world with awe and wonder rather than fear and dread. One way allows me to see what is good and keep my heart full of gratitude, the other makes me a victim of fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment