I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Inner Tubes and Transformations

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Two of Pentacles:
This guy doesn't look at all stressed from juggling his many duties and roles. What's his secret? The two boats behind him are a clue and represent two ways we can deal with life: rowing against the current or with it. I'm a list maker and like to be able to check off what I need to do each day. But if I can't do what's at the top of my list - for instance looking up some information on the internet - how do I react? If the internet is down, I can cuss and complain (wasting my precious time) or move on to something else on my list. If I don't want to drive myself crazy, I must learn to flow with life. Now where's my sunscreen and inner tube?

From the MentorSpirit cards comes "Transformation:"
"What you're supposed to do 
when you don't like a thing is change it. 
If you can't change it, 
change the way you think about it." 
― Maya Angelou
The biggest transformation I can make begins not with how I look or act, but with how I think. Once I change my attitude about a person or situation, everything shifts. Things that seemed overwhelming become tolerable, even solvable. If I find myself becoming angry and frustrated or anxious and defeated, my best strategy will begin with changing my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment