I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Coming Up for Air

From the Deck of the Bastard, the Eight of Cups:
When I was in my early twenties, I got certified as a lifeguard. The instructor was an ex-Marine, and his course pushed me physically and mentally. He was hard on us for a good reason; people who attempt to rescue someone often wind up drowning instead. No matter if the person is a stranger, friend or family member, their fear is so great, they will climb on top of you while trying to get a breath of air. It is easy in my personal life to find myself in the same position. While trying to help, I can get pushed down and held underwater while trying to support another person. The Eight of Cups reminds me constant emotional exhaustion is a warning that I should get out of the water and back onto dry land. There's a beach calling my name I need to head toward where my cups can be refilled instead of emptied out.

From the Marseille Oracle comes the card "Wisdom:"
The little booklet that comes with this deck offers the phrase "Trust in the experience of others" for the Wisdom card. I recently got an email from a friend who shared her experiences about something I'm dealing with. I am grateful that there are people in my life willing to help me navigate through murky waters. The wisdom of experience is much more appreciated and trusted than a truckload of opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment