I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Friday, August 16, 2013

Coloring Outside the Lines

From the Bonefire Tarot, the Nine of Wands:
The spiraling wands and cave opening look as if this fellow is finally about to reach sunlight. Whatever he's been battling, whether demons or the crush of day-to-day living, his fate is about to take a turn for the better. He'll have some scars that remain from this experience, but he'll also have gained much wisdom about how to handle challenges for future reference. This man knows what he needs to succeed is not something external but within himself. He's still got some climbing to do to reach level ground, but my money is on him making it.

From the MentorSpirit Cards comes "Flexibility:"
When I've been in a constant battle with the circumstances of life for a long period, my brain can go on autopilot. Now this might not sound like a bad thing, but one definition of insanity (attributed to Einstein) is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. I need to be able to think creatively. Sometimes coloring outside the lines can help me discover the solution I've been trying to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment