I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Balancing and Weighing

From the Rohrig Tarot, Justice:
The one thing I noticed that was different in this card from most Justice cards is the sword/saber is not in her hand. She's not in a hurry to shout, "Off with her head!" In order to be objective, there can be no rush - the verdict must come after careful observation and testing. If something needs to be pruned in order to restore balance, it can be. Otherwise, a quick conclusion might end up being a pronouncement full of errors. Behind the woman's head, it appears water is being pulled downward. It makes me think of a huge ship that sinks quickly and creates powerful currents, sucking things down with it. In the same way, the choices I make and the actions I take will create currents with consequences.

From the Master Tarot comes the card "All Drunk:"
The scales of balance above are paralleled by the weighing scale in this card. I had a good chuckle when I saw this image; although I don't drink, I can definitely relate to behaviors that distract me from a situation I don't know how to deal with. There are times - especially when in limbo - that it is helpful to take my mind off things with a good book or long walk. But when I divert my focus from something that needs my attention, or when I engage in activities that are detrimental (excessive deck buying for instance), nothing beneficial is accomplished. Then I'm like the drunk that wakes up to find his problems are still there, only made worse by his actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment