I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Thursday, July 11, 2013

'Scuse Me While I Kiss the Sky

From the Fairy Lights Tarot, the Star:
This image is painted predominately with varying shades of indigo and black. They seem perfect colors for the dark night of the soul, when life seems too exhausting and hopeless to take even one more step. But against the darkness the stars can shine their brightest. The Star gently taps me on the shoulder and says, “Stop staring at that closed, boarded up door. There is another way, but you’ll need to look in a new direction to find it.” Sometimes it is only the darkness that can open my mind and heart to the light.

From the Heart of Faerie, "the Boy:"
Here is the Peter Pan of the fairy world who refuses to grow old and live his life in a rut. The Boy sees every challenge as an adventure rather than something to dread. He encourages me to put on my pirate hat and tell myself that the feeling of anxiety I’m experiencing is really only excited anticipation. This card reminds me of the Mac Nac Feegles (wee blue men from Terry Prachett’s creative genius) who believe they are already dead and living it up in their version of heaven. According to Feegle philosophy, if they die again they have to go back to a boring, real life.  On some strange level, that does make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment