I use tarot and oracle cards as tools for reflection and contemplation. Rather than divining the future, they are a way for me to look more deeply at the "now."
"The goal isn't to arrive, but to meander, to saunter, to make your life a holy wandering." ~ Rami Shapiro

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Enticing Exit Ramps

From the Fairy Lights Tarot, the Two of Wands:
As a man travels through a desert, a lovely sight catches his eye - a cascade of stars light up an oasis. He has somewhere he must be, a mission, but the pull of this enchanting vision is strong. I have a friend who is always on a new diet plan each time she calls. One week she might be trying out the diet and exercise plan at Curves, and the next she's on the Dolly Parton diet. She never sticks with anything for very long, because there's always something that looks more inviting (read: easy with quick results). Yet looking at the varied stack of books on my bedside table, I have no room to judge. I've read a few pages from each but never finished most of them, as there's usually another book I'm in a hurry to start. Dictionary.reference.com defines goal as "the result or achievement toward which effort is directed." If I wander off each enticing exit ramp I see, I'll never get close to my destination. It's not just the "starting" that will move me toward my objective, but the effort of day-to-day plodding along.

From the Heart of Fairy Oracle comes the fairy "Oh No:"
I always walk early in the mornings after I've fed the cats and myself breakfast. Today as I was heading out the door I noticed one of the cats had barfed all over the porch glider, so I had to stop and clean that up. As I was doing that, I remembered the clothes I had left in the washer all night which needed to be put in the dryer. My day is generally full of these types of incidents; this fairy reminds me to have a sense of humor and not take them personally. The moment I start thinking the Universe hates me and is out to get me, I'll start sitting on my pity pot and never get anything accomplished. Everyone has at least one "oh no" moment during the day - it's just part of living life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment